OPEN JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Applications are invited for the full-time regular position of CLERICAL SPECIALIST. Applications will be accepted from August 5, 2021 through August 26, 2021 or until a qualified candidate is selected to fill the position.
Reports to: Finance Manager / Office Manager
Salary: Based upon experience and training (Grade 4, 5, 6 per District Wage Scale)
Responsible for providing all clerical support to the Board of Directors, General Manager and other District Managers as required. Position will include appointment by the Board of Directors to a position of Assistant Secretary to the Board of Directors. Responsible for assisting with answering phones and directing walk-in traffic as needed.
High School Diploma/GED; Clerical experience related to legal matters preferred; local government experience relating to public bodies or board of directors preferred
Attention to detail necessary; ability to type and communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing; experience with EXCEL, Word, Power Point, E-mail, web-based research and basic knowledge of computer operation necessary; excellent proofreading skills; ability to prioritize and work efficiently with minimal supervision; local government experience relating to public bodies or boards, appointment scheduling; ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Valid Nevada Driver’s License; Notary Public obtained within six (6) months of employment; participate in CPR and First Aid training when provided by employer
The duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provides clerical support to the General Manager including legal related matters
• Provides clerical support to the Board of Directors
• Provides clerical support as needed to other District Managers including, construction, finance, hydro, information technologies and operations
Truckee-Carson Irrigation District
OPEN JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
• Attends public meetings for the Board and all committees
• Creates and distributes public meeting agendas
• Sets up and monitors ZOOM meetings and conference calls
• Provides minutes for public meetings for Board and all committees
• Contract administration including deadline tracking
• Searches for grant opportunities and assists with grant application completion and filing
• Maintains electronic records
• Maintains files for damage claims and construction applications
• Prepares letters, memos, notices, etc. as required
• Answers multiple telephone lines taking and relaying messages as necessary
• Takes water orders and trouble calls including data entry as necessary
• Contributes to the team effort
• Maintains strict confidentiality
• Works overtime as necessary
• Additional duties as may be required to meet the goals of the District
The District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Applications can be found online at www.tcid.org or can be picked up from our office at 2666 Harrigan Rd, Fallon, NV, Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM. A District application must be completed and submitted in addition to any other paperwork (resume, etc.). This is a full-time position. Benefits include, medical insurance, vacation and sick leave and Nevada PERS. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.